The Flag of Pluto, designed by J. Alfary, represents the planet Pluto itself and its largest moon Charon.
- Blue represents the rocky and ice surface of Pluto and its extreme cold temperatures.
- The white sphere represents Pluto, while the blue-black crescent represents Charon.
- The black arrow pointing outward represents Pluto's and Charon's location on the edges of the Solar System.
- The dividing line between the black and blue sections of the flag represents the Kuiper Belt.
- Black represents the vastness of space that separates and unifies the Solar System and the Universe.